- Best Scar Removal Creams Without a Prescription
- #1. Scar Away Scar Repair Gel
- #2. CELSUS Bio-Intelligence Scar Cream with Peptides
- #3. Revitol Scar Removal Cream
- #4. Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30
- #5. Kelo-Cote Advanced Formula Scar Gel
- #6. bioCorneum plus SPF 30 Advanced Scar Supervision
- #7. Best Scar Cream for Acne Scars
The great news is that there are quality solutions on the market, which can lessen the symptoms, restoring your confidence.
You can forget those DIY scar removal creams, and focus on quality products, and solutions for all needs: scar removal lotion on legs, cream on face, gel on a tattoo and much more. Let’s see the top picks for how to lighten scars!
Best Scar Removal Creams Without a Prescription
- Quick and easy to apply
- Does not dry quickly
Once the gel is applied, it acts as a second layer of skin, providing you with 24-hour efficiency. The product has been clinically proven, while it also received numerous positive customer feedback on Amazon.
As it is wearable under makeup, it provides a versatile and comfortable solution, while it seems to be the best scar removal night cream alternative. However, the gel does not dry as quick as promised, therefore, when planning your morning schedule, calculate with an extra 10-20 minutes for the gel to dry.
- Great for treating scars, stretch marks and much more
- Healing process can be slow
The ingredients used are natural, enabling you to use the gel on a daily basis, without clogging any pores. It can be easily applied, and it is 100% wearable under makeup, while the natural ingredients ensure that it is suitable for all ages. The product comes with a “no questions asked, 100%” refund policy, making this particular gel a smart choice on the market.
In case you are wondering that: “what is the best lotion for stretch marks?” Well, the bio-intelligent gel from Celsus is not only effective against scars, acne scars or burns, but it can also be used for stretch marks and even for anti-aging. On the other hand, your desired result might only come after months, therefore, if you are after a quick solution, CELSUS’s gel might not be the best pick for you.
- Treats all kinds of scars
- Scar removal cream side effects (breakout)
Use the cream 2-3 times a day, apply a small amount of the gel on the affected area to get your result. The only possible drawback of Revitol’s solution is that if the gel is used on a regular basis can cause skin breakouts – especially if not the correct amount of gel is applied to the affected areas.
However, if you keep an eye on your daily gel dosage and give your skin a day to breathe every once in a while, this might be the perfect cream that you are after.
#4. Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30
- Great for sun protection and scar softening
- Does not cure scars 100%
As sun exposure can further darken your scars, Maderma’s cream focuses on Sun protection and scar treatment. After 4, or 5 days of regular usage, you will surely see the result that you were after, while you can enjoy the extra protection by Mederma. While Scar Cream Plus SPF is considered to be an all-around solution for all types of scars, it is much more focused on sun protection and burns scar treatment, therefore when applying it specifically for acne scars, it does not deliver a 100% result.
Provided you are after a scar removal gel on a tattoo, Mederma’s Cream Plus SPF30 is highly recommended!
#5. Kelo-Cote Advanced Formula Scar Gel
- Works great for scars
- Dries slowly
Apply it twice a day for the maximum result and give some time for the healing process to take place. The gel also helps to relieve itching, pain or any discomfort associated with scars. Once again, as this is a silicone product, you should be prepared for additional drying times of 10-20 minutes before the gel would dry fully.
- FDA-cleared scar treatment
- Can irritate your eyes
The only negative feature of the Advanced Scar Supervision is that it can irritate your eye, causing eye redness. If the gel needs to be applied around your eyes, pay attention when applying it.
#7. Best Scar Cream for Acne Scars
- Award winning quality product
- No sunblock effect (additional purchase is required for successful treatment)
As it consists of silicone, you can wear it under your makeup, while it is also 100% natural, to ensure safe daily appliance. This acne scar removal herbal cream has won several awards, which makes a professional, high-quality choice. Apply it at least twice a day, together with any other sunblock product to achieve the maximum result.
Hopefully, you have found the perfect pick in the list above. To make sure that we cover everything regarding scar removal, below you can find a few common questions and answers, that might provide additional help in picking the right product:
What are the different types of scars?
To identify the perfect treatment for your scars, it is extremely important to know what type of scar you are dealing with:
- Keloid scars are the result of an overly aggressive healing process, which extends beyond the original injury. To prevent keloid scars from developing, use pressure treatment, or silicone based gels during your injury. In more severe cases, surgery, or cryotherapy can be an alternative solution.
- In case you have had acne before, you probably know that it can cause scars, which are hard to treat and get rid of. By choosing the right product, you can reduce your itching and treat acne scars efficiently.
- Contracture scars are the result of skin burns. They usually tighten the skin, while they can also go much deeper, causing severe pain.
- Hypertrophic scars are red scars which do not go beyond the boundary of your injury. This is usually caused by inflammation and the most common treatment for it is either steroids or silicone sheets that can help flatten your scar. Look for silicone-based gels in these cases.
Are over the counter scar removal creams safe?
As our list above has proved, most creams are scientifically proved, vetted products, which rely on natural elements, to deliver maximum efficiency. Therefore, they can be the perfect solution for your specific needs, however, if you are dealing with fresh scars, always consult your doctor before starting a scar treatment.
Do scar removal creams really work?
In short: Yes! However, it is crucial to pick the right type of scar removal cream, as different products focus on various kinds of scars. Also, keep in mind that this is a “treatment.” Therefore, you will be only getting those results by applying creams daily for a longer period (usually months).
Does scar removal cream work on stretch marks?
There are products which can also be used for stretch marks. Before making a purchase, always check the description of the product for any information on stretch mark treatment. CELSUS Bio-Intelligence Scar Cream with Peptides (from our list above) is one of these creams, give it a try!
Does Mederma work on old stretch marks?
Mederma is a family of products, which includes Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy, which was specifically developed to treat stretch marks. This product can be used as a preventive step, but it can also treat older stretch marks.