As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Even though it might seem like an easy task to shave that bikini line, in case you already gave your regular razor a chance to trim those delicate areas, you probably realized that an all-purpose shaver is not the best solution.
- Best Bikini Razors and Bikini Trimmers
- Our Recommended After-Shave Gels
- Bikini Trimmer FAQs
- How do I Trim the Bikini area properly?
- Okay, but is it bad if I just simply shave the area?
- How do I shave my bikini area without getting red bumps?
- How do I avoid ingrown hair?
Best Bikini Razors and Bikini Trimmers
Therefore we decided to put together a list of the top bikini trimmers out there, that can once and for all end your struggles, and deliver a convenient solution.
#1. Braun Silk-épil 9
- Extra wide epilation
- Extras in the package
- Bigger stress on the skin
- Painful trimming
Braun’s new solution promises to deliver an extra wide epilation, as the installed head is 40% wider compared to other products. Therefore, the Silk-épil 9 9-579 delivers precise and efficient removal, while it can be both used as a wet or dry solution.
Furthermore, you will get some nice extras in the package, such as, a shaver, trimmer, skin contact, and massage cap, a charging stand and a facial brush, where the latter is an added bonus, that can help you remove your makeup, and clean pore-deep impurities.
While Braun’s package promises to deliver not only an all-around trimming solution but also a painless one, customers have reported, that actually the wider design of the epilation heads puts a bigger stress on the skin, making trimming a bit more painful. So be prepared, and give it some time to get used to it!
- Comes with 7 extras including a shaver head, a trimmer cap, a high frequency massage cap, a skin...
#2. Panasonic ES2216PC
- Extras in the package
- Limited usage before wearing out
The floating head of the Panasonic ES2216PC ensures smooth tracing of the contours and a more comfortable shaving for legs, underarms and other areas. While it is both a wet and dry shaver, it also comes with a snap-on bikini trimmer attachment, and with multiple trim length settings.
This specific shaver is considered to be very accurate and sharp, while the inner blades cause less possible irritation (hypo-allergic blades), which is rather useful in case you have a sensitive skin.
The package also contains an adjustable bikini shaver attachment and a precision pop-up trimmer. When it comes to sensitive skin, the electric shaver from Panasonic seems to be a good fit, however, it needs recharging more often than other products, and has been reported to easily wear out in a short amount of time.
All in all, Panasonic’s solution is worth considering, as it is both wallet and skin friendly.
- Ultra-Smooth Results: Blades and ultra-thin foils capture and cut hair for smooth results; floating...
- Shave or Trim: Not just a womens shaver, the ES2216PC has a built-in pop-up trimmer and 5-length...
- Traces the Contours of the Body: The flexible pivoting shaver head glides effortlessly to trace the...
- Wet Dry Convenience: Shave in the bath or shower with or without cream or foam, or shave dry,...
#3. Schick Hydro TrimStyle
- Moisturizing serum
- Adjustable comb
- Struggles with thicker hair follicles
The 2 in 1 solution from Schick delivers both a hydrating razor and a bikini trimmer for maximum convenience. Furthermore, the trimmer is not only waterproof but also features a hypo-allergenic moisturizing serum, that can help replenish your skin’s natural moisture.
The five-bladed design comes with unique skin guards for a smoother experience, and enhanced closeness. The built-in trimmer and the adjustable comb lets you customize your trim length while ensuring accurate trimming and precision.
While Schick promises to deliver the perfect 2 in 1 solution, the motor of the product is not the strongest one, which can let you down if you have strong hair. Another drawback is the inconvenient product design, where you need to hold the power button down to keep the motor going – which means, that you might need some acrobatic moves while shaving.
- Hydrating razor & waterproof bikini trimmer in 1 for the ultimate convenience
- Hypo-allergenic moisturizing serum, dermatologist-tested and helps replenish skin's natural moisture...
- Five curve sensing blades with unique skin guards to smooth skin throughout every stroke, helping to...
- Built-in waterproof trimmer that can be used in or out of the shower for convenient bikini...
#4. Philips HP6378
- 6 attachments
- Precise shaping
- Can easily slip
- Difficult to achieve a close shave
The grooming system from Philips was specifically designed to create a comfortable solution for shaping and removing hair from delicate areas. This rechargeable, cordless, wet and dry trimmer makes trimming more comfortable and convenient.
The package includes 6 attachments: The Precision Trimmer, to get you the flawless bikini line, the Precision Comb, to customize your trim length, an Epilator, an Eyebrow Comb, a Micro Trimmer, to shape eyebrows, and a Micro Shaver for super-close and gentle shaving.
If this wouldn’t be enough, you will also get such beauty bonuses with your purchase, as illuminating tweezers, and an exfoliation glove, helping you achieve soft and smooth skin. While this all-around package promises to be one of the best solutions out there, you will need to hold the trimmer securely as it can easily slip, leaving you with different lengths.
While the shaver promises to be accurate and precise, it does not give the closest shave.
- Philips BikiniPerfect Advanced is your fun, fabulous women's electric trimmer kit for smoothing your...
- Use wet or dry, for maximum convenience in and out of the shower or bath.
- Rechargeable for up to 60 minutes of cordless creativity.
- Includes 6 attachments to safely and easily trim, shape or remove hair. Precision trimming head and...
#5. Cleancut PS335 T-Shape
- 1-year guarantee
- Easy handling
- Not adjustable
Cleancut PS335 comes with a full one-year parts and labor guarantee developed and designed in Japan. As a versatile solution, it can be used anywhere on your body, for close cutting without pinching or pulling. It is a precise, dry solution for bikini trimming.
The shape and size of the trimmer were specifically designed to make it deliver a quick and efficient result in all areas, while it also ensures an easy way to follow delicate curves around sensitive areas.
However, the fact that the product package does not include any additional parts, makes it impossible to adjust the length, except manually – based on how hard you press the trimmer to your skin.
The lack of adjustability is compensated with outstanding handling and trimming. Cleancut is an easy-to-use and simple solution, however, if you are after a more complex, customizable device, you should choose a different product.
- Quality Product Made in Japan
- Full One Year Parts and Labor Guarantee
- Designed and Engineered by Cleancut to be used ANYWHERE on Your Body Without Nicking or Cutting
- Cuts close to the skin without pulling, pinching or nicks
#6. Panasonic ES246AC
- Extra cleaning brush
- Wide head makes it hard to handle
Panasonic once again delivers a safe and comfortable solution, both for shaving, trimming and for maintaining sensitive bikini areas. The sharp, hypo-allergenic razor blade is skin-friendly, ensuring that it can also be used with sensitive skin.
The five position head delivers easy and close trimming while reducing the chances of irritation and razor bumps. The five-position design of the blade enables several adjustments, where you can choose from five different bikini trimming positions, helping you maintain the exact hair length that you are after. The trimmer is waterproof and lightweight, making it a handy solution for all your trimming needs.
The package also includes a cleaning brush for regular shaver upkeep. The Panasonic ES246AC is a cordless device, however, it is powered by two AA-size batteries, which are not included in the package.
Even though the versatile solution from Panasonic does sound attractive at first, the fact that the device comes with a pretty wide head can raise some doubts, as in many cases it can be hard to reach some places.
- Gentle Shaving Blade: Panasonic women's bikini shaver and trimmer safely and comfortably shaves,...
- Personalized Five Position Settings: Five position women's shaver trim head makes it easy to trim as...
- Smooth Pivoting Head: The Panasonic facial trimmer uses a smooth pivoting head to gently follow the...
- Gentle for All Skin Types: This personal shaver is equipped with a round tipped, super thin...
#7. Braun Silk-épil FG1100
- Detailed styling and shaping
- 2 trimming combs
- Low-quality design
This specific Silk-épil comes with different combs and heads. The high precision head will help you create detailed stylings in the bikini zone, while it can be also used for styling eyebrows. The slim bikini shaping head can be used for shaping and precise line creation.
The 2 trimming combs that come with the package (a 5mm and an 8mm one) will help you maintain the same length while trimming. While this Braun product is great for styling and shaping, the package seems to be a bit simpler compared to other products on the market.
Since this shaver is designed mostly from plastic parts, it can also more easily wear out or break. Therefore, even though the FG1100 is meant to be an all-in-one, trimming and shaping solution, there are few drawbacks, that you should consider before choosing this product.
- Ultra precision: for detailed styling in the bikini zone use the high precision head.
- Shape your bikini zone: the slim bikini shaping head is designed for shaving precise lines, shapes...
- Smooth bikini zone: 2 trimming combs (5mm and 8mm) are ideal for trimming hairs to a uniform length.
- Eyebrow shaping: use the high precision head also for styling your eyebrows.
Our Recommended After-Shave Gels
While choosing the best bikini trimmer is not an easy choice, there are other methods to take a few preventive steps, that can help you maintain smooth skin and get rid of those bikini bumps. Therefore, we highly suggest you to also invest in after-shave gels, as they can help you stop irritation, redness, and itching instantly:
#1. Bikini Zone Medicated After-Shave Gel for Bikini Area
- Special medication
- Instant relief
- Burning sensation
- Irritating smell
The After-Shave from Bikini Zone, helps you get rid of those nasty bikini bumps, by including a special medicated after-shave gel. The product has been tested by dermatologists and is highly recommended, as it can easily help you get rid of those symptoms caused by irritation.
The relief comes instantly with this after-shave gel, as pain and itching are reduced right away, while it also helps to heal your irritated skin, by smoothing away those bumps and redness.
The special medicated gel, also helps you to keep your skin hydrated and smooth, therefore, apply the gel on a regular basis as an after-shave quality skin care. Before applying, be prepared that you will experience some burning sensation, also the smell of the gel might be a bit bothering.
- Instantly stops irritation, redness, and itching
- For use after shaving, depilating, and waxing
- Specially formulated and dermatologist tested
- Crème doesn’t stain bathing suits or clothing
#2. IntiMD COOCHY PLUS Intimate Shave Cream Rash-free
- Preventive gel
- Don’t use it with ultra-sensitive skin
- Irritating smell
This after shave is based on a special moisturizing formula, formulated with 5 powerful moisturizing and vitamin-rich agents. These do not only reduce the chances of inflammation, rashes, or redness, but also improve your shaving experience while vitalizing your skin.
This cream can also be applied to other parts of the body, to revitalize and smoothen your skin, while it also helps with softening your body hair to make shaving easier.
As a preventive solution against razor bumps, burns or rashes, it protects your skin, while it enables the closest shaving possible. While this specific cream promises perfect protection, it might not be the best choice for the ones with sensitive skin, as it does not provide enough protection for the ultra-sensitive skin.
Also, even tough it depends on your preference, you might find the gel’s smell a bit irritating.
- MOISTURIZING+ FORMULA – Formulated with 5 powerful moisturizing, and vitamins-rich agents that...
- IMPROVED COOCHY SHAVING CREAM – With the strengths of MOISTURIZING+ agents, COOCHY PLUS Intimate...
- INTIMATE & UNIVERSAL – Because COOCHY PLUS is formulated for the most intimate areas of the body,...
- INTIMATE GUARD – To prevent razor bumps, in-grown hairs, razor burn, or rash caused by other...
We hope, that our list will help you to find the perfect bikini trimming solution out there. Finally, let’s see a few important topics, that you should keep an eye on, to get the best trim possible.
Bikini Trimmer FAQs
How do I Trim the Bikini area properly?
First of all, forget about razors and other solutions, and get a decent bikini trimmer. Before starting trimming, clean the area and wait until it is dry. Decide on your desired bikini style before starting the trimming, and don’t be afraid to try different shapes.
In case you would like to keep it simple, you can also go for just some “minimal maintenance”. The most important is to keep an eye on having even length everywhere, which you can most easily control, by putting on a comb on your trimmer.
Okay, but is it bad if I just simply shave the area?
Well, it is not bad, but obviously, shaving needs a bit more preparation. In case you decide to shave, make sure to do it after a shower so that your hair can soften. You can also use gels, that will soften your hair. Exfoliate before shaving, and guide your hair in the same direction to make thing easier. Once you are done, you should once again exfoliate, and apply an aftershave for revitalizing the area.
How do I shave my bikini area without getting red bumps?
As mentioned earlier, softening the hair is very important before getting at it. Make sure you take a long shower before starting the shaving, also by applying softening and vitalizing gels can reduce the chances of getting red bumps.
How do I avoid ingrown hair?
Always shave in the direction in which your hair grows. Once again, keep an eye on softening your hair before shaving, and applying vitalizing gels. Also, make sure that your shaver is precise and sharp.
How should I shave if I have sensitive skin?
Always shave slowly, and make sure that the area is wet and the hairs are softened. If possible, apply pre-, and after-shaving gel that is specifically designed for sensitive skin. Look for shavers that are also are designed to be used with sensitive skin.
Is it safe to shave my bikini area if I am pregnant?
Even though it is safe, you should take extra precautions as bumps or cuts can easily get infected during delivery. Take things slow and use a mirror to get a good angle. You can also simply choose only to trim if you are worried about getting bumps or cuts.
Is it okay to shave the bikini area every day?
Shaving every day is not recommended, as you would be putting too much stress on your skin, which can easily result in bumps and rashes. It is better, to give some time for your skin to regenerate and revitalize, and only trim the area at least after giving it one or two days of rest.
What is the easiest way to shave my bikini area?
With correct preparation, you can make shaving more easy and pain-free. Make sure to give enough time for your hair to soften, and apply pre-, and after-shave gels. Also, consider only trimming the area, as that can be done more easily and quickly.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Best Bikini Trimmer
Are you looking for the ‘ideal’ bikini shaver? We round-up the seven best bikini shavers in 2017. Comprehensive buyers guide with bikini razor reviews.